Monday, September 3, 2007

How does it look like living and working in the US, specifically in Florida

The place is everything I have dreamed about in terms quality life. First of all the work culture is quite different from Latin America and from the one I used to have in AIESEC. Before I used to work between 10 to 12 hours a days, lead an average of 150 to 200 people, work at almost all weekends, do not have time to eat and sleep properly.

In the US people really respect the 8 daily work hours and if you stay more than that you are seem as not competent enough to finish your task on time, unfocused or workaholic. So I work 8 hours a day, I never work at weekends, I sleep minimum 8 hour a day and I have breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday !!!! I have much less amount of task and I can go to the swimming pool after work at home.

So in the first month I was 4 kilos more and all people that saw me was really impressed how I was recovered, looking more healthy after jut one month. I am doing acne treatment, using professional shampoo and when I buy my car I will start the gym with a personal trainer. But it doesn’t mean that I am becoming a metro sexual.

The life is very convenient and the prices and incredible good. So you can do less effort because you have machines to do everything for you in a very accessible price. Also all the fancy branded clothes are very accessible so after more then 2 years without buying clothes I am changing my closet.

The weather is very hot as I really like, the sun is always shining, the beach is close and you have air conditioning in every place. The palms and lakes are everywhere, the houses are beautiful and everything is clean and organized. These are specificities from Florida, the Caribbean in the developed world !!!

3 comments:

Muza said...

except of Svitlana?:) honey, i told you you look much better and i started to look better as soon as you moved. Juts i didnt feel 4 kilos:)

Muza said...

i meant of course that you started to look much better when moved to US. Stupid mistype:)i love you

Gabi Werner said...

Marcelao!
Esse negocio de xampu profissional, tratamento para acne e roupas de marca esta meio suspeito. Se tu morasses com o Segala, eu diria que era influencia metrossexual externa, mas to achando que vem de dentro...
Saudades! Te cuida! E aproveita o calor e a praia!
Gabi.