Sunday, September 2, 2007

My profesional internship experience at DHL US

After almost 5 years working at AIESEC aiming to provide leadership experience, a learning environment and professional exchange opportunities to young talented people I went to my next step: go for a professional exchange experience myself !!!


I was planning to go to Europe but a very important person in my life, my mentor Elias, was the one who called me on Friday to talk about other issue and mentioned the opportunity at DHL in the US. It was not Europe but it was in Miami, in the beach, living in a house with a swimming pool, big and very interesting company, HR, I would still be somehow related to AIESEC and go to International Conference. So I decided to apply on Sunday as many people decided but fortunately I got the job.

I am responsible to coordinate the internship programs in the US that are four: the local internship (estagio normal), the MBA program, the Coop program and I am also responsible to coordinate the AIESEC program in the whole Americas region.

Until now I love the job role, the company, the people from my department and specially my boss. People are very suportative and very welcoming. Together with corporate responsibility HR is the subject I most like in business administration so I am sure this experience will be very rewarding and decisive to my future.

Bellow you can find some pictures that illustrate my professional experience.

The building that I work and me going to work in front of my new house !!!


1 comment:

Dreamer..... said...

Dear Marcelo,

Browsing through DHL MBA internship program, I came across your website and its wonderful. World has become so small with internet and blogs.

I am Dileep Sahu from MBA class of 2009, at Emory University,Goizueta Business School,Atlanta,USA. Prior to joining Goizueta this fall , I worked in financial services vertical of an Indian IT Consulting firm called Tata Consultancy Services Limited. Over the period of nearly seven years I had worked with financial institutions to transform their business problems into technology solutions by formulating requirements for a financial services product. I have experience of working in product management, managing and developing customer relationship and also served as onsite coordinator for a European bank.

I am highly interested in DHL MBA internship program and I am requesting for your time to talk with you and to seek your advice/feedback for me.

Best Regards,
Dileep
email id : dileep_sahu@bus.emory.edu