Monday, September 3, 2007

International Conference in Istanbul – Turkey

The last 2 weeks of August I went to my 5th AIESEC International Conference, this time at IstanbulTurkey playing a completely different role. I was not part of AIESEC anymore; I was company representative… hehehe, very strange. It was the first time that I missed AIESEC and I realized that I am no part of it anymore but it is just the changing processJ.

The best thing about the conference was to see many friends from all over the world that I was not expecting to see them again and be together with Svitlana. The worse part was please those senior people from the company with many silly requirements but the experience was great. I learn a lot about these senior people and I could meet some from different big companies.

Other important chapter of my business trip to Istanbul was going to the FORMULA 1 RACE. It is unbelievable how noisy the cars are, how great is to attend a world sport event as formula 1. We were just in front of the start point with gold tickets. Filipe Massa, the Brazilian from Ferrari, won the race and I bought a t-shirt from Ferrari with his name and the Brazilian flag.

The country is very different from what I was eexpecting. After going to Egypt I was expecting an Islamic conservative country but what I found was a very open and modern country. The city is beautiful and full of people with western clothes, behaviors and mentality. See the golden gate, the bridge which connect the European and Asiatic continent were also very interesting.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAEE Marcelão!!!
Curtindo a vida de corporate em conferência hein??!!! E ainda reclama de puxar saco dos chefão....pior sou eu q trabalhei pra isso e nao fui na F1 :)!!
Show de bola meu guri....aproveita muito tua experiência...tu merece gatão!!!
Abs Segala

Marília Faria said...

Que isso em Marcelão!
Parabéns pelo trabalho, cara!
Desejo tudo de bom pra vc aí, vc merece!
Qualquer coisa que precisar estamos aí...
bjos
Ma

Anonymous said...

Ah, então é aqui que tu te esconde! :D

Karla Ticona said...

:) very nice blog!! aproveita na experiencia e tudo o melhor pra vc!! beijos, e vc sabe cuanto é apreciado!